Do you want to capture moments and memories but struggle to make time within the whirlwind of daily life?
Do you wish that you could reflect the beauty of the everyday in your images, and write captions that will draw people in?
Do you ever feel intimidated by perfection on social media, or wonder whether your own story is worth telling?
Little Stories of My Life is a 5 week E-course that will nurture your creativity and confidence, teaching you my secrets of storytelling with words and pictures, showing you how to find the magic in the everyday and how to harness the power of your own small stories.
Learn to tell your story in your own way, with meaningful words and soulful images, and find the courage to step into the frame. Live, love and record the stories of your life and share your truth, whether you tell your stories online, to family, or treasure them just for yourself.
I’ve poured my heart in to this course and distilled into five heartfelt weeks everything that I’ve learned from my years of creative work. I’d like to take you by the hand and lead you from uncertainty to creative confidence, giving you the tools that you need to capture the world around you: to see the beauty of simple moments, to produce wholehearted words and narrative images, to tell your story and connect with others telling theirs.
When my son was a baby, I picked up my camera and a notebook and began a learning journey that took me from feeling lost and isolated, convinced that I had nothing to say or share, to living a fulfilling creative life that I love. I truly believe that everything I’ve achieved came from finding the confidence to realise that my story was worth sharing and that my voice was relevant. My transformation all began with my story, and now I want to help you to tell and believe in your story.
‘This was a wonderful course. Laura has put a lot of thought and care into each lesson, she writes beautifully about storytelling and stepping into your own story. I throughly enjoyed seeing behind the scenes of her wonderful photos and learning how to improve my own techniques. Little Stories of My Life challenged and inspired me; it changed the way I approach taking photos and sharing my own story.’ – Alexandra
‘The course is an absolute joy! It’s given me a focus and “permisson” to write and create and I have learned so much already!’ – Ciara
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- Five weeks of in-depth lessons
- Weekly homework assignments to help you develop your skills and consolidate your learning
- Creative prompts to take away
- Insightful interviews with inspiring storytellers
- Lessons I’ve learned from my years of storytelling with words and pictures
- Worksheets to guide and inspire you
- Access to the members-only Facebook community, to connect, discuss ideas, ask questions and share inspiration
- Support from me (via the Facebook group and Q&A) for the duration of the course
- Bonus – a storytelling reading list
- Bonus – exclusive advice from magazine editors on telling your story in print
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- My seven secrets of storytelling
- Finding, and connecting with, an audience for your story
- How to compose an image that tells a story, using whatever camera you have available
- Ways to capture mood and emotion through composition and editing
- Tips for visual storytelling
- The benefits of mindful storytelling, and developing a meditative approach
- The joy of self-portraiture – how and why you can step into your story
- How to compose an enticing written narrative, for captions or blog posts
- Social media tips for sharing your story online
- Ideas for putting together a story you can hold in your hands
Discover how to connect using the magic of narrative: this course is packed with storytelling tips and tricks to help you to realise the power of your story.
Now open for enrolment! Click here to enroll.
Feeling unsure? Here’s what previous students have to say about the course:
‘I am so enjoying your gentle teaching and inspiring lessons.’ – Shrada
‘I’m absolutely loving your course…..it’s packed with so many little gems.’ – Cressida
‘I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the course and found it very helpful. It has been fun and really lovely, something to look forward to each day. Your involvement with the students and your support were very evident something that is sometimes lacking in other e-courses I have completed. This added to the enjoyment and the feeling of inclusion in the group. I would give the course 10/10.’ – Lynn
‘I’ve loved being a part of the course, loved taking notes in my notebook and feeling like a student again, loved going through the lessons and finding so many little things that just clicked, loved your Pinterest inspiration boards, the new Instagram accounts you introduced us to, and most of all just how it felt to be a part of something I’ve always found exciting, and to share it with other people who feel the same… So, thank you from the bottom of my heart, Laura, for being a part of my creative journey, and for letting me be a part of yours! Its been an absolute delight, and I hope we get to do this again :)’ – Lavanya
‘I have loved this little course Laura. It has heart and soul. There’s an intimacy to it that’s reassuring and supportive. It has made me think very differently about creativity and helped me with ways to find my own voice.’ – Karen
The next course starts on Monday 4th March 2019 and runs for 5 weeks, finishing on Saturday 6th April.
ENROLLMENT IS NOW OPEN. GRAB YOUR SPACE HERE.