Do you want to capture moments and memories but struggle to make time within the whirlwind of daily life?
Do you wish that you could reflect the beauty of the everyday in your images, and write captions that will draw people in?
Do you ever feel intimidated by perfection on social media, or wonder whether your own story is worth telling?
Little Stories of My Life is a 5 week E-course that will nurture your creativity and confidence, teaching you my secrets of storytelling with words and pictures, showing you how to find the magic in the everyday and how to harness the power of your own small stories.
Learn to tell your story in your own way, with meaningful words and soulful images, and find the courage to step into the frame. Live, love and record the stories of your life and share your truth, whether you tell your stories online, to family, or treasure them just for yourself.
I’ve poured my heart in to this course and distilled into five heartfelt weeks everything that I’ve learned from my years of creative work. I’d like to take you by the hand and lead you from uncertainty to creative confidence, giving you the tools that you need to capture the world around you: to see the beauty of simple moments, to produce wholehearted words and narrative images, to tell your story and connect with others telling theirs.
When my son was a baby, I picked up my camera and a notebook and began a learning journey that took me from feeling lost and isolated, convinced that I had nothing to say or share, to living a fulfilling creative life that I love. I truly believe that everything I’ve achieved came from finding the confidence to realise that my story was worth sharing and that my voice was relevant. My transformation all began with my story, and now I want to help you to tell and believe in your story.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- Five weeks of in-depth lessons
- Weekly homework assignments to help you develop your skills and consolidate your learning
- Creative prompts to take away
- Insightful interviews with inspiring storytellers
- Lessons I’ve learned from my years of storytelling with words and pictures
- Worksheets to guide and inspire you
- Access to the members-only Facebook community, to connect, discuss ideas, ask questions and share inspiration
- Support from me (via the Facebook group and Q&A) for the duration of the course
- Bonus – a storytelling reading list
- Bonus – exclusive advice from magazine editors on telling your story in print
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- My seven secrets of storytelling
- Finding, and connecting with, an audience for your story
- How to compose an image that tells a story, using whatever camera you have available
- Ways to capture mood and emotion through composition and editing
- Tips for visual storytelling
- The benefits of mindful storytelling, and developing a meditative approach
- The joy of self-portraiture – how and why you can step into your story
- How to compose an enticing written narrative, for captions or blog posts
- Social media tips for sharing your story online
- Ideas for putting together a story you can hold in your hands
Discover how to connect using the magic of narrative: this course is packed with storytelling tips and tricks to help you to realise the power of your story.
If you’d like to be the first to hear when the course re-opens for enrollment in the spring, sign up here.